The Nicol Foundation honored Granite City Senior High School senior Clayton Jakul with the Foundation’s Granite City CEO Irvin O. Nicol Memorial Scholarship at the 2016 Senior Recognition Ceremony for Granite City High School. A student of the CEO (Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities) class, Jakul was also a member of the National Honor Society and Social Studies Club at Granite City High School and played on the GCHS soccer team. Jakul also volunteers his service to the Madison Fire Department.
Requirements for the Nicol Foundation scholarship are to:
- Be an active enrollee and participant in the CEO Class.
- Obtain four character references from:
- A teacher or administrator
- A business leader/mentor
- A Church/Synagogue leader
- And an at large reference.
- Compose a 500 word (or less) essay on “American Exceptionalism”.